how can I open the trunk of my 1960 T-Bird convertable if the electrics are not working?

35

Asked by Aug 17, 2007 at 04:47 PM about the 1960 Ford Thunderbird

How can I open the trunk of my 1960 Thunderbird if the electrics do not work?

40,275

Your key should still open the trunk latch, even if the electric trunk release does not. I believe there was also a provision for putting the top down manually on these cars, so you should be able to do that as well.

Thank you for your responce.I have since found out how to do it by undoing 4 bolts one in each rear wheel well and one in each rear corner near the rear muffler from under the car. Thank you for taking the time to try and help.

Hi there is a manual way but it takes too much time and effort,so here you are-First you take out the 4 bolts holding the rear seat base in place,lift it out then pull out the seat backrest,they only click in place,you will now see all the relays thru 'viewing ports, tap the offending relay to get it's last gasp operation out of it, failing that, get a screw driver and short it out and up comes the door, now fit your new relay. All done in the time it takes to get under the back r h side find the silly nut on the silly bolt you are about to remove in order to force your old delicate lid open with brute force and wedges while hoping the wedge doesn't fall out and trapping your arm ,by the way keep the phone in the other hand so you can call Fire Rescue! Steve in England.

10

The trunk latch on the driver side still doesn't open the trunk Is there a way to open it with the key at the back of the trunk