Where is the fuel filter located on my 1989 Ford Country Squire? 5.0 fuel injected.

Asked by Oct 04, 2014 at 11:56 AM about the 1989 Ford Country Squire

210,425

Look under the car, driver side between the wheels, should be attached to the body.

Bare fuel lines all along the frame, wondering if it could be up by fuel tank? Or being fuel injected does it even have one?

78,105

Look for a red plastic housing on the drivers side just forward of the rear axle, it will be mounted to the frame, the fuel filter is inside that housing, it is held on with 2 8MM bolts, make sure your new filter comes with new plastic clips for the fuel lines.

No red plastic cover, is it possible that it does not have a fuel filter?

78,105

Do you see something like this? See photo

Nope, i am at wits end followed fuel lines from fuel rail all along frame and nothing. I think someone has removed it and just put in a chunk of fuel hose.

Thankyou though

78,105

If that is the case, that is not good, all the crud that is in todays fuel winds up in your injectors, nasty nasty nasty.

78,105

The pic I sent you was from a 1989 Country Squire wagon.

Best Answer
78,105

I just remembered something about 1989, there was a small lift pump in the tank that had screen on it, it would catch most of the larger particulates but the fine stuff would get through. are you having a fuel pressure or flow problem?

Having a flow problem i think. Takes forever to start. Then i have to feather gas to go anywhere. Screen cloged?

78,105

There will be a pressure port under the hood on the pressure line that is where you can test the pressure and flow, that will tell you.

Thankyou, looks like im dropping thetank and replacing the fuel pump and screen.