My tailgate window motor wount work.

Asked by Mar 21, 2015 at 09:34 PM about the 1968 Ford Country Squire

I had some body work done on my car, the shop cut throw the wires to window I have repaired all of them. Replaced the motor. There are wi3 wires in the harness 1 black wire, 1 red, one yellow. when i use my test light which has a light for circuit & power. the black wire lights up the circuit"light" with out turn on the switch (not the power light) the red and yellow will light up the circuit light(not the power light) when I turn the switch. but the motor will not power up? and the test light never lights up the power light. What is my next step.

6,805

pull the motor and bench test it, just because it's new doesn't mean it works

How do I do that? It has a red and yellow wire. Do I need to ground the unit? Should my test light, light up the power light not just the curcuit light?

6,805

You said you have 3 wires, black, yellow and red the black wire is ground-, make sure it's a good ground the yellow and red will be up and down positive+, when you activate the switch one way or the other red or yellow should show power I'll keep looking for a schematic for you.

The motor only has two wires (red &Stella) the wire harness coming into the tailgate has 3 wires then it plugs in another harness which has only the two wires. Should any of these have power coming into the the tailgate?

6,805

Here's the best schematic I could find, hope it helps

Thanks!