My ranger was in some pretty deep mud this weekend and I was on the way home from Treat Mont in GA. And the thing died I checked and I am getting fire out of the plugs. I Started it back up when we came back the next day to get it I let it run for a while an then gave it gas to come out on the road and it died. I then checked the fuel rail on it I have no fuel coming out of it does the vehicle have to be running for it top keep pressure at the fuel rail my other vehicles hold the pressure .what do you think this could be a fuel pump or what It is a 2.9 motor

75

Asked by Sep 24, 2007 at 10:12 AM about the 1987 Ford Ranger

2,825

Did you check yor air filter after the mud incident? If you can't see light through it, replace it. The fuel rail should have pressure held, see if any fuel pump wires or hoses got damaged from the mud.

5,135

It should have fuel pressure. Get under it and make sure that you didn't kink/cut a line.

45

it almost sounds like u have air trapped in your intake box or hoses, make sure your filter is dry and the tubing has no water in it, rangers do tend to die in the water they have distibutor issues and air intake issues.i would suggest building a snorkle