Distributor help

Asked by Apr 27, 2016 at 01:14 PM about the 1985 Ford Ranger

5,565

there is a pin on the helical gear that is pinned onto the shaft...which goes through the bottom of the distributor~ this one is a real SOB to line up with the 6 cylinder motors....you must line the crank up to TDC...and turn the spark rotor so it sparks on number one...then fish around with the shaft....till you are able to spark on the ONE....this is MY experience...also to change the module, you'll need a pin-punch to take off the spur gear....pull the electronics off and replace the gear and hammer the pin...like 1800's technology...I swear~