Ford f-250 wont turn over. Have power no click or jammed solenoid. Key cylinder doesn't feel right. turns smooth with no resistance. It seems to be in park. Just started it normally 5 minutes before.

Asked by Oct 16, 2014 at 12:08 AM about the 1985 Ford F-250

11,880

sounds like the ignition switch isn't engaging. you could see if it will turn over by shorting across the solenoid.make sure not in gear tho.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Yup the ignition actuator switch had sheared clean off. Had to pull the steering wheel and replace it. I did have to nip the end of the switch off to get it in and lost the little roll pin somewhere down the column but luckily I had some short lengths of 3/32" rod that I was able to improvise into a cotter pin.Thanks for the help!