1977ford f250

Asked by Feb 22, 2016 at 11:12 AM about the 1977 Ford F-250

Wat size engine do i hve?

It is a twin I beam v8

65,115

you can call a dealership with the vin number and they could tell ya.

How do i find the vin number??b4 i took off the valve covers the sticker read engine family 460.

17,935

You have a 460. Twin I beam is the suspension, not your engine.

65,115

Yes hey Andrew, a 460...

Best Answer

Wat size carburetor should i put in??

65,115

So now you are talking carburetor? If you are having problems with the carburetor just get the original one rebuilt.

I dnt hve it anymore...the holley 600cfm works but should i go bigger??

65,115

You can, but the 600 should work fine. Why, do you want to go bigger? Go to holley.com and look, or get a phone # and call them, to verify thats what you want.

I ddnt get to c ur answer on wat size engine i hve.

Wat kind of intake manifold should i put?it has an after market 460 edelbrock torquer.

65,115

What are you trying to do? You have me confused on asking questions about intake & carb. What you have on there by what you are describing is all good stuff.

I just got it from my friend i put the holley on it thats all i did kuz it ddnt hve the old one i hvnt been sure bout the size engine.its hving trouble staying on when u first fire it up.

65,115

Well ok then, and sure I'd like to help. Just let me know where you are on this, what it is doing, and such, Is this like a project? Hopefully Andrew will pick up on this also, he is a very smart guy also.

i just want to put all the correct parts in it that it needs..i want it to run strong.i dnt care for looks.

65,115

Well you have good aftermarket parts your working with. The intake should be fine, when was that put on? And do you know if the carb is even good?

It's been on since last guy had it..as for the carb i bought it brand new.

65,115

Well getter going!

65,115

Unless you are questioning the carb. I could do some checking to see if thats what you want or not.

That's the thing it won't stay on.

65,115

The motor will run but shuts off? or just like dies on you. What have you checked as far as distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs?

runs but will shut off as soon as u let go of the gas.i hvnt changed any of those parts.

Could u maybe email me sum parts u suggest..

Dahmer1991.ac@gmail.com

65,115

Ya I can but you would need to check some things out first. The thing will start. Have you adjusted the carb idle mixture screws at all? These need to be set. Also any vacuum leaks will contribute to the motor not wanting to stay running. One thing you should check would be the intake manifold bolts, just make sure there snugged down good.

17,935

It should run fine with that carb. Sounds like you need to adjust the idle. You could go with a bigger carb if you wanted but I wouldn't go higher than a 800cfm.

Thanx man ima check all that then get back to u..any specific spark plugs or anything.?

65,115

Thanks for jumping in Andrew, I have to take off to the DDS.

content://media/external/file/20266