Asked by Sep 19, 2013 at 08:04 AM about the 1975 Ford F-250

ok i got this 1975 ford f350 ranger just bought it its getting safetyed for the road i find
that my rotors need to be be replaced..... no big deal except i cant find the proper
roters for it. my macanic (whom i trust) has tryed everything from a 72 to a 79 in both
f250 and f350.  it curently has disk breaks on the front... the berring do not seat deep
enough with in the rotor witch seems to be a constant for all rotors tryed...the berrings
themselves are the proper ones.....(one of the biggest problems is the cab is bleaved to
be changed so runing the vin number is of no help)... im just curious if there was a
conversion kit that changed the front end from drum breaks to disk breaks and if so did
it have an odd ball sized rotor. im pulling my hair out

Wow, you have your hands full with this one. There were no conversion kits that I'm aware of BUT - I wouldn't know for sure. IDEA: call around to some of the Heavy-Duty Brake shops or visit and see if you can find an old-timer that knows his stuff. Years ago, I got lucky with a similar situation and after listening to some long yarns about the way things used to be, I got some great advice. Your F- 350 is heavy enough to have been used in commercial settings. There has to be some old guys around that know their stuff.