Need some input about a '75 F-250 Camper Special. Won't idle, or run smooth.

40

Asked by Oct 11, 2011 at 04:37 PM about the 1975 Ford F-250

40

I didn't get this info into the question part (first time on the site - sorry). I've had the engine professionally rebuilt. The carburetor looks to have had the plastic caps removed from the adjustment screws, so I don't know how far out of adjustment it might be. There is no dashpot unit, and the choke adjustment seems to have been burnt (slightly melted), so I don't know where the adjustment for that is set. I'm thinking of getting a remanufactured carb., and going from there. The truck starts right up, but, won't idle 'til it's been warmed up; then it idles rough.

check for vacume leaks or sucking from where the caps were removed.should be vac lines hooked in them.