Hazrds on my Ford F 250

Asked by Feb 25, 2017 at 03:43 AM about the 1973 Ford F-250

I have a ford F 250 4x4 truck 1973 model. Did this come out with hazard light
if yes where can I find the unit
Allan Durban South Africa

98,445

Ford had two places at around that time, one was right on the dash and was marked by the chrome ring as hazards, the other was on the steering column just back of the steering wheel on the passenger side down low, it was just a little pull push style of switch black in color, it may or may not be marked, if the turn signal switch mas even been replaced it most likely won't be marked.

69,375

Yes, if it was originally delivered to somewhere in the United States. 1967 and newer passenger cars and light duty pick up trucks have been required to have them. The switch should be on the steering column at about the 4 o'clock position just behind the steering wheel. If you can see the picture of your turn signal switch you'll see that hazard switch is part of the turn signal switch. The little button marked "hazard" gets pulled to turn on the hazard warning flashers and pushed to turn them off. I've had trouble posting pictures but I'll give it a try. Hope you can see it! HTH. -Jim

20

I can and thanks a million. I will go up and check this out. So far unable to remove the steering wheel seems to be locked in position even with the steering nut removed. Regards Allan SA

69,375

You're welcome. Glad to help. Try spraying some lubricant on the shaft where the steering wheel goes on. You'll need a steering wheel puller as well. Or some other kind of puller tool. Chances are it's been on there since 1973! HTH. -Jim

20

Thanks will try that Allan

69,375

You're welcome. -Jim