Wanting th update my 69 ford f250 with newer parts

Asked by Feb 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM about the 1969 Ford F-250

Question type: Car Customization

I have a 69 ford f250 and wish to install disc brakes and a brake booster and possibly an independent front end suspension. What other year model trucks would I need to look for in a salvage yard to get parts off of insted of buying everything new. Any help would be greatly desired. I can't seem to find any info online about this.

2 Answers


you can get the entire front suspension from a 1973-1979 f-250. Get a brake booster for a 1969 with power brakes. The master Cyl. from a 1970 and up with front disc/rear drum. You will also need a new proportioning valve for front disc/ rear drum. I have dont this change on my 1969 f250. I used a 1977 front suspension and a 1975 master cyl and proportioning valve. Mine works great. You will have to make some new brake lines too. email me if you need any more help, dwight.sparks@ymail.com

2 of 2 people found this helpful.

I have done this change on my 1969. I put I dont. Sorry

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Ford F-250 Questions

Ford F-250 Experts

#1 tennisshoes
Reputation 620
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 350
#3 F_O_R
Reputation 320
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-350
309 listings starting at $3,495
Used Ford Mustang
543 Great Deals out of 45,845 listings starting at $1,999

Used Cars For Sale

1999 Ford F-250 For Sale
27 listings starting at $4,690
1997 Ford F-250 For Sale
131 listings starting at $2,000
1995 Ford F-250 For Sale
57 listings starting at $5,900

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.