I have a 1989 F/150 302, I am not getting power to the High Pressure fuel pump, I am not sure about the low pressure pumps power, I just replaced the saddle in-tank pump to no avail, I did remove the high pressure pump amd confirmed that it was working with 12 volt battery, I am not sure where to go from here, the truck has set for years and was given to me, I really want to get it runnung, does anyone have the quick fix? Thanks

Asked by Jun 25, 2007 at 11:30 AM about the 1989 Ford F-150

Did you check the fuel pump regulator?

10

there could be more that 1 cause for no power to high preasure pump 1. it could be a relay problem 2. there ids an inline fuseable link not sure wich one it is youll have to do some research

30

also check your fuel pump relay

10

hotwire, fuse, toggle switch. qwik and easy, not correct or maybe even up too others "standards" but i've done it a million times, pressure is regulated on the fuel rail, so assuming you dont forget to shut it off , it wont hurt anything.

45

If your battery runs below 12v it cuts out the fuel pump relay and the pump won't run. Check the battery voltage and if below 12.5 volts charge the batterey

385

hotwire is bad bad bad only crackheads do stuped stuff like that. in the pasenger kick pannel there is a enersha switch that sometimes trigers. check oweners manual for exact location but try that then go from there, fuses under hood and in cab.then start chasing the circuit

23,920

Sat for years! I guess you drained any remants of what was formerly gasoline from the tank and inserted something a little fresher. Varnish and gum in the fuel system has to be present.

I have a 89 it did the same thing so I ran my own wires nd I dnt have any trouble with it just dnt forget to turn it off

70

OJ is right. if gas sits for too long, it will separate. The first thing I would have done is dumped the gas out or changed it in some fashion. it's AMAZING, actually because diesel fuel separates too, and my parents bought some bad diesel from a station and it got in the system. They went to court over it and actually lost. I became a tanker driver in the petroleum industry and am quite shocked in what they got away with. Gas/ diesel products can separate after sitting because there are different chemicals in a bi-product ( butane being one of them). good luck

70

BTW, robin, rightgear said fuel regulator. if you go to a junk yard and see a variety of fords, it's the same regulator on a ranger and a Crown Vic. Don't let the names throw you off. Ford made different cars at the same time frame...why wouldn't they put the same parts on different names?? they didn't... my current regulator for my pick up is off the 90's Windstar.. because the FR sits on the side of the motor but is the first thing you see when you open the hood!! SO WHAT a pinch will leak.. it's nothing. Take the 2 screws out and replace.. nothing to it.