hy the truck didn't starting at all and i put new solenoid and battery and nothing happend so what should i do ?

Asked by Feb 10, 2007 at 05:08 PM about the 1987 Ford F-150

i need  your help abt the ford f-150 and i bough a new solenoid, battery and still wont starting at all so what should i do ?

17,635

Hello, Here is a great article on how to diagnose a car which will not start. http://www.ehow.com/how_112584_troubleshoot-car-wont.html Best of luck! CarGrrl

25

did you try a new starter? Also if there is no power at all, try lokin at the wires attached to the starter. look at the ground wire from the battery.

75

ensure you connected the solenoid wired properly .. or you didn't blow a fusable link or fuse when hooking everything up

85

check your key switch solenoid had the same problem on a 88 the solenoid had to replace it also if it is an auto matic check the safty neuterial switch

5

I have had many problems with my 83 like that. Check and make sure your cables are getting a good connection, and may also check the alternator.

40

I agree with most of the answers above, but you state that the vehicle will not start after you installed a new battery and solenoid. I ask, the truck does nothing or it goes click click click when you turn the key. If it does nothing then yes check to make sure your connections are clean, but I had two F-150's that had a stuck starter. What that means is when you turn the key the bendix drive shoots out on the starter to connect with the fly wheel and turn the engine, but it gets stuck in the out position and will not return. Sometimes you can hit it with a hammer handle (WOOD) and it will return, you are hitting the side of the starter. You can also try to bypass the solenoid by taking a large screwdriver (make sure you are holding the plastic handle) and touch the nut on one side of the solenoid (the side close to the battery) and the little screw that comes out of the front of the solenoid. The starter should turn over if it does not then I say go for the stuck starter. Just to comment when or if you try the above you can forget anything being wrong with your key or ignition because you bypassed all that.