Auto to manual choke

Asked by Sep 13, 2009 at 03:43 PM about the 1984 Ford F-150

Not resposible for the hack job done to the engine and wires.  I bought the truck at an auction 'bout 3 years ago and slowly but surely got it were i want to b but now after all this time Im having problems with the carb and im kindof dumb when it comes this. I have no problem wit fuel injection its just i wanna keep it close to stock as possible, besides suspension and tires. My main complaint is the previous owner had no idea what he/she was doin, in my opinion, when it came to wires and vaccum lines. Not to mention taking out an automatic choke and swithching it to manual. I cannot find where the wires go. I have bothe automatic choke carb and manual choke still installed.  Which one came stock, where do the wires go and which one is better for the seasonal weather. Also need help wit carb tuneing.  Sometime down the line i might go with a v8 automatic and straight axle so if any one can help b greatly appreciated and your welcome over for a beer or two

135

i have an 83 F150 the same way trust me ur goin have to get a aftermarket carb or at least i had to depnds on your engine but its easy to do not explain