Does my car still exist?

Asked by Jul 03, 2016 at 12:49 PM about the 1978 Ford Escort

Was wondering if my car first car still exists

25,435

where???????????????

24,785

We're all just bits of data in the Matrix

Was a mk 2 escort. J141p is all I remember of it. White, black vinyl roof, chrome trims. Probably impossible to trace with such little info

67,275

If you really want to find out, it'll take some digging. Since it was made before 1981 you can't Carfax it. You'll need the complete vehicle identification number (VIN) for any kind of search. The easiest thing is just simply Google the VIN. If it's been on the internet for sale somewhere it'll pop up. You can also, for a fee, do a title search through your State's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Lastly, if you know someone in Law Enforcement you can ask them to run the VIN to see if the vehicle is still actively registered. During your search be absolutely clear that you're not looking for names of the current or former owners, or their addresses. Good luck with your search! HTH. -Jim