86 s10 no pwr to fuel pump

Asked by Sep 03, 2016 at 06:26 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet S-10

Someone bypassed the relay on my 86 s10 . Was
driving and it just shut off. Now I'm not getting pwr
to the pump at all and can't figure out why. Help
please

have you actually checked to make sure that power isnt getting to the fuel pump or has it just stopped working? if it has just stopped working try the old chevy fuel pump fix of hitting it firmly while trying to start the car, sometimes that will make it kick on for a few minutes indicating that the pump is bad. if it is just not getting power make sure that it is wired (even if not through the relay) and that all the connections are solid

I have checked and double checked over and over. I replaced the fuel pump like 3 hrs ago. I just don't get why I'm not getting power to the pump.

Is there a way to straight wire the pump to the battery

there is, however you probably dont want the fuel pump running 100% of the time so your best option besides wiring it properly of course, would be to wire it into a circuit that has ignition on power only. you can find that with a test light and checking circuts with the key off and the key on.

It is wired to the ignition now but still is not getting any power to the pump. Brand new pump.

does the rest of the truck have power? and check your wiring and grounds to be sure that the circut is complete. can you confirm with a multimeter that the pump is getting power or that the wires at the pump are live before they enter it?

Ok I figured it out. It was the ecmb fuse change it and it drove fine. But I have gone thru 6 fuses in 2 days 3 fuses a day . I don't understand what is the problem now