Price Check

Asked by Mar 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Suburban

Found a sweet looking 1985 'burban on CL. I haven't seen the vehicle yet, but the seller states that it is in pristine working condition and from the photos it seems like it's in pretty nice shape. He said it only has 70K, so I'm assumed a rebuilt engine. Barring a good inspection from a mechanic, is the $2400 asking price a good deal for this car if it clears?

975

If it has 70,000 original miles then yes if it is in pristine condition. If less than pristine, I would say sub 2K.

855

It's a great price!! I am looking for one my self they are going for 3-5k in good condition here in Ohio. 73-91 suburbans are regaining popularity you could likely resell for a substantial gain in a few years.

Going to go take a look tomorrow. I don't know if it's pristine, but it seems to be in good condition. Also, I was mistaken on the miles, it has 120K. We're taking it to a mechanic for an inspection, so we have our fingers crossed. Here's a photo.

14,365

Was the vehicle used by the department of transportation? Is there a trailer hitch and what was pulled? Wheel bearings and shocks need checking. Seats and floor mats will tell you a good story. The markings on the side look like it is a company vehicle not a family one to go on vacation with. With that color, don't be surprised when you are stopped at a light, someone jumps in the back, suitcase in hand, and tell you, "Take me to the air port." At that price, any running vehicle that passes any inspection is worth the asking price. Make sure the front end is not too worn.