How do I find the value?? PLEASE HELP!!

Asked by Oct 07, 2010 at 01:00 PM about the 1977 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

My grandpa has a 1977 monte carlo 350 8 cyl with t-tops swival seats, etc. Its in pretty poor condition and doesn't run.

Long story short he passed and my fam is being stupid about letting me have it. So now I have to pay them off.

Please help
-Granddaughter who is determined to make her grandpas dreams come true even though he isn't here anymore!!

T-Tops are rae but not enough to make it worth your wild. The cars during the late 70's aren't worth that much due to the emissions and lack of horse power. However if your doing this for a sentimental reason then go for it! I have a 1977 monte carlo and have put 13 grand into the engine, tranny and rear end. Its design for performance so if you go with just stock you wont probably spend that much hopefully. There is a place in IL called The Parts Place. They should have ebeything for that year make and model. When i was trying to change my car to a stick i was able to find the clutch linkage and pedales at that shop. As far as how much its worth, not alot. If you had pictures and mileage that would help. E-mail me if you have any more questions at montecarlo19772007@yahoo.com. Good luck!!!

97,065

Cars like that are worth around $200-$300 in scrap metal. That's all someone is going to be willing to pay.

15

My aunt had a 1977 Monte Carlo SS all black without the landau roof, the car was fun comfortable and had enough power to make it seem sporty. Hers also had the rare swivel buckets whcih most people love. If it's a rusty car I'd say let it finish rotting. You can buy one in good shape for around 5K so with that said do what your gonna do. I would love to see a pic of this car.