where do i add oil in my 1970 monte carlo

Asked by Sep 07, 2013 at 11:39 PM about the 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

I'm doing a oil change for the first time since I owned the car

114,235

Drivers side valve cover.

yup

No, no THIS is the proper way: http://i.imgur.com/gpALGIH.gif

135

There will be a cap in the drivers side valve cover, is where you add the oil, 4qt. without a filter change and 5 qt. with a new filter which you should ALWAYS do. Make sure when you remove the old filter that the gasket did not stick to the block. Or you will have a mess on your hands.

114,235

DavidH25 hits the nail right on the head again. Please award him best answer. You way to funny. Lmao

26,595

LOL! Now that's a "blond moment" indeed! The mechanic told her to add oil and she thought "gotta be the same way I add oil and vinegar on my salad"....omg..too funny! Kudos, DavidH25!

135

I 'm glad your amused Racer, I'm not blonde and I don't get your humor, if you think you can help this person with you limited knowledge be my guest. Most likely any car expertise you have is play Grand theft Auto.

Then you have no sense of humor RemoWilliams. The OP got the answer. People with no sense of humor are sad specimens indeed, I feel sorry for you. And I have earned more than a couple thousand dollars in my lifetime..don't flatter yourself

He does not even know what he is talking about, claiming to have the very last Monte Carlo ever built. In 1971. 16,204 Monte Carlo SS's made in 1987 for the 1988 model year Sorry to burst you bubble dude, now you're more depressed than ever to find that out. Take an extra Prozac.

135

Cars are my hobby, this is what I do for a living. You want to try and take the core exam ?

114,235

Yes I saw it to David where he stated that the last Monte Carlo SS ever built was in 1971. It was in the post of his white car with the guy with a seventies hair style driving it. (Old picture must not have a current one). He playing the read quick so I can delete and change my post game. Lol. Oh and yes that video was extremely funny. Lol

can anyone find my pacer fuel.tank?? lol!!!!

114,235

www.partshotlines.com has one listed for a 1976 pacer. ($45) Lol

thanks dandyoun was just joining the fun my friend in high school did however have a an upside down fishbowl!

114,235

Look now that post is gone again. Lol.

26,595

Umm....I NEVER said ANYTHING about your car..you got me confused with DavidH25. Maybe your should put down that bottle of moonshine or Mad Dog 20/20 and sober up, little man. As far as the MX-5 is concerned, people who have never driven one just don't get it or understand how well it handles...I didn't before I owned one. It NEVER was designed to be compete with a muscle car in straight line acceleration (MOST people know this), but it handles the twisties with precision like it's on rails. Being that cars are not only your hobby, but what you do for a living, i thought YOU of ALL people would understand this...Apparently not. You better log off though...almost time for catfish and bisquits at Grandma's house, Bubba!

Japan is a 3rd world country?

sorry to intrude gents we are here to help others not hash and trash. correct? it doesnt look professional to others looking for answers. we all have our opinions and should be intitled to.them.people looking for answers should be our mission. just sayin. as you.were.

If 8882 were built after yours, and there were only 1919 built to begin with? And it's nothing special, they stopped manufacturing them because of a strike at the Flint Michigan plant. Not a special edition.

135

You Dave have no clue, my Mote Carlo was build in the Leeds Plant in Kansa City, Mo. GM consider anything under a 10,000 production run, RARE. That come from them, Call them and ask them if you don't believe me. I know the man who was working the assy line when they walked out, He later became the Plant manager. So it is a very rare car, look one up and that condition and see what it will set you back.

I really don't care. tommcmanis is absolutely right. I have better things to do than this.

135

RacerX you need to go back and read your insults, and any time any where.

135

RacerX First all mu parents are dead, I would love to sit down and eat with them again, Now for the car stuff, if you think a mazda Miata can pull over 1 g, on the skid pad you are not only dreaming but dumb as a bag of hammers.

114,235

Ok guys lets just agree that we disagree and move on. There are people on here that could really use our help with their cars. Drive safe.

26,595

Go cry in your pillow, I have no sympathy for you. NONE at all.