1967 impala oil leak under glove box inside of car. What is leaking and solution?

hughes1217
10

Asked by Oct 23, 2012 at 01:20 PM about the 1967 Chevrolet Impala

My 1967 chevy impala has a what looks like an oil leak coming from the black box on the firewall inside
of the car directly under the glove box . leaking inside onto the floor mat.  What is leaking and how can I fix
it?

icutice
65

if you have an oil pressure gauge, I'd check the line to it, it may pass by the glovebox.

hughes1217
10

No oil pressure gauge. There are 2 hoses coming from the block to the same area on the fire wall but there is a black box under the glove box that covers where those hoses come in. There are no screws to remove the box so i assume it's part of the fire wall. Any idea what is inside of the black box? Is there a 1967 Chevy Impala expert that can help me at email : hughes1217@msn.com

14,715

My granddad has a 66, if im around ill give it a look and see if i see what your seeing. Sounds like lines for an oil pressure sensor leaking.

wanderr
15

its antifreeze. your heater core is leaking and needs to be replaced

ToreFrang
5

I agree with wanderr

deeksha
0

Gloveboxes are used to prevent contact between potentially hazardous materials with the outside environment or operating personnel. Some of these materials or processes may be sensitive to ambient environment and hence need to be worked with under isolated conditions. This is achieved by containing such a substance within the glovebox equipment. For more details visit us: http://www.deekshainstruments.com/

Jason Ballard
245

The heater core is behind the firewall on the passenger side there are two hoses around inch to inch and a half in diameter that run into it as well as a wire harness for the fan. If it is leaking then the heater core needs to be replaced. its accesed actually from under the hood by where the hinge is.