Padded dash repair and repaint?

Asked by Jan 12, 2007 at 08:38 PM about the 1960 Chevrolet Impala

I know a padded dash can be repaired, but is there a paint out there that can be used on the dash?  Over time, this has faded and no longer matches the metal portion on the dash.  I would think most paints would dry the vinyl out more than it already is.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks!

8,305

I would call a restoration car place that deals in vintage cars. They would be able to give you the best answer and could probably help you with matching the color you want. Here is one company I googled that you could call. Eastwood Company 1-800-343-9353. If they dont know google vintage car restoration companies. Good luck.

215

yeah eastwood is a good place to start. i bought cans of spray stain i used a a number of interior trim panels/pieces and had real good results