Why my car battery keeps dying.

Asked by Jan 03, 2013 at 09:19 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Corsica

I have a 89 corsica with a new battery. Some days the car starts fine and on other days i have to jump the car off before i go anywhere. i have checked the alternator  and that is fine.I have taken it to a shop to get looked at and the car started fine for him. The guy told me that he couldn't find out what the problem is unless it messes up on him. Can someone please tell me what else i can do for this car because i really like this car but if i can't get it fixed then that means i have to get  a new one. I really don't know what else to do.

365

If you battery cable ends are old and damaged they can cause a short preventing the vehicle from stating and when you jump it the electrical power is double over coming the short "sometimes". I wish I could give you more advice but this is all I could think that perhaps a shop may have missed.