1987 chevy cavalier z24.Starts fine.Runs fine till it gets warm.stalls.wont start again till it cools off.Replaced all coils,control module,crank sensor,fuel filter,fuel pump,oil pressure sensor,HELP!

Asked by Apr 05, 2012 at 08:21 PM about the 1987 Chevrolet Cavalier

12,035

These kind of problems almost always can have multiple causes. My suggestion is to take it to an auto parts store that has a live engine monitor. They will usually hook you up for free and tell you what if any codes come up. If you get no codes well you are not out anything. If that fails to show anything I would narrow it down to an ignition or a fuel delivery problem. To do this have a helper spray a small amount of starting fluid into intake while you crank it over. If you get the engine to run temporarily you have a fuel deliver problem. If not pull a plug wire and check for spark. By doing this you are eliminating half of the possible problems and can narrow down the source of the problem. When you get that far repost if you need more help.

65

It sounds like you have a cooling problem. I would try a new thermostat and get the radiator flushed. After that, I would search for a vapor lock but that is highly unlikely with more modern cars. As the first responder suggests, pull a plug wire and see if there is any spark while turning the engine over right after it has stalled. There might be a heat sensor somewhere that needs replacement and causing the shut off.

20

You looking to sell your z24?