I have a 1989 S-10 Blazer with a 4.3 TBI that original symptom was spitting and sputtering and would not hardly move.

Asked by Feb 07, 2015 at 03:37 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Blazer

I pulled a 33, (MAP Sensor error), I replaced plugs, cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires. It ran pretty god except when you would jump on it, it would then spit and sputter until you let off a little. Then driving it at 35 mph it just died and would turn over but not start. Had no spark from the plug wires or even from the coil, replaced coil and module, not change. Pulled codes 33 & 34 so finally replaced map sensor, no change. It has no spark from coil but 12 vdc is there, it also has no fuel thru the tbi but when I sprinkled fuel in it while turning it over no change. HELP PLEASE

16,185

Code 33 and 34 should never happen together unless there is a short in the wiring or the ecu has fried

Thanks for the response Andrew, would that cause no fuel thru the tbi? I hear the pump run when the ignition is turned on but none out of the tbi when turned over and/or pump the gas pedal.

Ok, time for a update, I do have fuel entering the tbi but they are not spraying at all, and still no spark. I don't know that the fuel pressure is right but if it is not, does the computer monitor the pressure and when wrong tell the system not to spark? If so the this explains all symptoms in my simple mind! Help Please!!!

16,185

No, it can't monitor pressure. Try having your ignition module tested. It's under the dust cap and rotor held in with 2 screws. It acts as a cam sensor. If it goes bad it doesn't know when to fire anything

Already replaced it, no change!

Only thing I have not replaced is the fuel pump & filter

Can the Crank Shaft Position Sensor cause these symptoms?

16,185

It's possible

Thanks for your help Andrew, finally got it fixed. It was the pick up coil in the distributor. I guess the ECM sensed the error and was telling the injectors not to spray fuel.