Won't get fuel

95

Asked by May 20, 2008 at 12:01 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Blazer

So i just put the rebuilt motor back in, and everything looks/sounds great, but for some reason there is no fuel going to the TBI.  I am curious if anyone knows why this is.  There is a "Fuel pump prime connector" on the FP relay, But i dont know how I am supposed to prime it becuase the Haynes manual i have is very vague.  Can anyone help?

615

is that a mechanical fuel pump? i'm assuming it is and that it is either new or was working when installed....but either way it should be able to suck gas out of the tank just by cranking the motor over, but if you want to jump start the process of getting fuel back into the lines, pour a few squirts of gas directly into the carb, that will be enough to get the motor running and speed up the pump enough to get some fuel to the motor....but there;s some other tricks with quadrajet carbs, and fuel filters that i know all about, so just message me using facebook, i just kind of stumbled onto this message board and don't know how to get back to it... but i have an 86 chevy truck that i have been over every inch of the fuel system...so feel free to message me.

95

Hey thanks man. Theoretically my reply should send you an email so you can get back to this page. I tried sending you a message, but the Facebook gods would not allow it. It is NOT a mechanical fuel pump, as it has the TBI setup. I wish it was a quadrajet, my old '75 2500 had a the Rochester quadrajet, which i had a much better understanding of as opposed to this setup. I figure i need to just pull the lines off and see if im getting pressure.

42,145

Try starting the car with the schrader valve in the fuel line depressed with a rag over it in order to bleed air pressure from the system. Never saw these need a prime before, usually replace the pump and go.

95

okay so I checked the lines, it has fuel at the inlet of the TB and in the return hose. Now the question is, why don't the injectors squirt? I guess I need to get a noid light from Track Auto and check those now, too.