hi you there?

Asked by Feb 23, 2007 at 06:01 PM about the 1987 Chevrolet Blazer

hi I have an '87', chevy blazer, it was just fixed i had it tuned, then inspected, they said i needed a new pitman arm,so i had it put on ..when i got it out the shop they. it drove good first day,then later down the rode the service engine light soon came on, should i invest more money to have it fixed,or just junk it..?
reason is after the first mechanic fixed it ..it cut off woulnd start, i took it to another machanic he fixed it then the same thing keeps happening it cuts off,..since i havnt met any mechanics who can fix it do you think i should just junk it and save for another car..?

16,535

Hello, This really depends on many factors, such as how high the mileage is and if you have already replaced major components. If you keep having to fix the same things, then yes, I'd say try to trade it in. You can still get some value for it as a trade-in to use on a new or used car. If it's at the point where it's nickel-and-diming you, then a car payment would not be too much more money and you would be in a safer vehicle. However, if you have already replaced the most expensive parts, then you may want to see how bad these repairs are price-wise, and hope they are the end of it. Bottom line is my instinct says this SUV will keep nickel-and-diming you, but I don't know it well enough to give you an absolute answer. Best of luck! CarGrrl

Best Answer

your absolutly right, next time I'll ask better questions and make wiser decisions. thanks for really being honest with me..