Need New Look and Parts

105

Asked by Jul 16, 2008 at 07:22 PM about the 1989 Toyota Tercel

I own a 1989 Toyota Tercel and it needs so much work done to it.I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere that does cheap but good paint jobs, and can get me good parts to help refurb my car.

8,775

Paint is sadly something where you get what you paid for. For a good paint job there are many hours of sanding and prep involved. I'm not sure it's really worth it for a Tercel m8...

15,285

Unfortunately, in the world of automotive paint jobs the words "cheap" and "good" don't go together in the same sentence (or the same paragraph). Sorry for the bad news! If you're talking about replacing your body panels then I would recommend trying to find an online retailer that may have the panels you're looking for. You could purchase them yourself and have a body shop install them, realign them and paint them for you. This should at least save you the cost of the markup for the panels from the body shop.

135

in the automotive world things work like this: Cheap Fast Reliable pick 2. so you're better off either just sucking it up and paying, or maybe trying to find body panels that are in at least better shape at a junkyard.

105

u c thats the thing...ive looked in all of the junk yards i can find and they dont have my model.Excluding the exterior are there any sites that you kno of that can redo the interior of a car?

135

the interior is something you can do yourself. and have some fun with it! heres some links to my interior just to give you an idea.

135

oops. no html allowed. here ya go. http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/fucusmasta13/?action=view¤t=stuffa002.jpg http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/fucusmasta13/?action=view¤t=stuffa003.jpg http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/fucusmasta13/?action=view¤t=stuffa004.jpg

105

ok im sorta new to the whole car modding thing, but where would i go to look for interior parts that are compatible with my car, i mean i've lokked but no such luck.

There are a few places you can get parts for your car. First, your car is compatible with parts ranging from 89-94 on tercel, & paseo's . Here is a few places I shop CARID, ROCK AUTO, AUTO PARTS WAREHOUSE ALL OF WHICH ARE ONLINE AND EBAY.