What is gas tank size on a 1981 Toyota Celica Supra

Asked by Apr 01, 2013 at 12:30 AM about the 1981 Toyota Supra

Couldn't find anything farther back than 1990, but they all seem to have big tanks..like 18 gallons

I had one. It was 13.5 ga. no, mine was a '74~

Okeydokey. Your word is good enough for me..but sifting through all the name changes from Celica to Supra in what year I got lost anyway

Think about it H25. had a 1.9 liter 19RE engine. If matched to go 300 miles = 23 mpg. these got a tad higher mileage than that 30-32 mpg, it was~

it was a small car, can't believe they'd put a giant tank on that one~

maybe the "ramblin' rooster" travel accessory pack~

Now that makes sense. Got some synapses under that hat going really well Judge.

28,235

Back in the 80's Toyota was VERY confused and called it a "Celica Supra" ..Still shaking my head after all these years on that. Now today, we have neither one..or the glorious MR2 either. It's sad...Toyota makes nothing I want to buy now (except the FR-S under their Scion name).

It started out as the Celica and then they made a bigger, faster Celica called the "Supra Celica" in 1979 . When the FWD setup became popular the Supra split off and kept the RWD setup in 1986 and the Celica went FWD and AWD on the GT's. So the plain Supra came about in 1986. Got that? There will be a quiz at the end of class.

These buggies rule the day...them Japanese are obsessive and truly shows in the Toyotas, less so in the Nissans, Mazdas are tiershiery to Subaru which is more of a scientific instrument than a ramblin' rooster~ I love them all, but would drive another Celica (or today's equivalent) to Cleveland to see my uncle Maqbool's family~

so the supra had the big-ass tank...I stand corrected~ hang head in shame. Used a "frothy brush" at the coin-op carwash for $1.75~

28,235

shame shame, David...you totally "copied and pasted" that answer...Yes, I've done the same thing, but I caught you first..so I get to send this green carnivorous creature to eat you + you lose 10 Guru cool points :) hee hee...LOL!

Not the first time, not the last!

I have however had many many deleted by CarGuru for copyright infringement. Images and words alike. Those long explanations on some things that I write are my own..CarGuru's takes copyrights seriously and don't want pasted material..and for reason

and g'mornin' Racer

28,235

Wow...you're up early! not even 4:30 am Pacific Time! Top of the mornin' to ya, laddie! Just messin' with ya! Heck, I do it myself (Wikipedia is my best friend!!).

Creature of habit...always have been a night person

as I recall 13.5 gallons~

I have one and it is 16gal

I have one 16gal