i have 2 85 supras one is having a problem with the roof. i don't know if it is the motor or if the roof is off track. it will start to open but won't quite open it'll start with the tilt and that's all. help!

25

Asked by Sep 03, 2007 at 10:44 PM about the 1985 Toyota Supra

my 85 supra is having a problem with the sunroof. i don't know if the motor is bad or if there is some other problem. the roof will begin to open but that's all, won't slide open, HELP!

42,985

Sounds like the cables for the motor are stretched or worn out. I had a 1990 Camry with the same problem. If you can hear the motor running, it is not the motor; the cables are a known failure point. Try contacting Weikle's Toyota Parts in Red Lion, PA, they are great for advice on these cars.