I have an 1985 mister 2 and my mom is the original owner of the car then she gave it to me a couple years ago and i was driving and all of a sudden there was a loss in power and a ticking noise

35

Asked by Nov 15, 2010 at 02:23 AM about the 1985 Toyota MR2

i think it may have jumped timing but my motor wont run right at all and i was wondering if a 4AGZE would fit as in bolt in or what modification would be needed, the motor i found (in person) has transmission, ecu, all belts, and wire harness, and pretty much everything else so i guess my real question is, is a 4agze swap bolt in on an 85 mr2 mk1 ($1300 for motor and everything) or if you know the problem is it worth it to fix my NA motor/rebuild the original... and thats it lol I LOVE MY MR2 SO PLEASE HELP

25

it's mostly* bolt in. the wiring is the hard part. if you're going to go through all that trouble I'd put in a 2ZZ if you're going to leave it unmodified or a 1ZZ if you plan on giving forced induction. I wouldn't rebuild a 4A unless it's a personal thing.

35

thanks i was just curious cause i have a motor i could buy and like i said it has everything, it also wound up my motor blew due to a hole in my piston, weird but what are you gunna do. but i was just wondering because a little modification dosent bother me lol thats my car above idk if you see it i made it convertible a while ago (b4 it was my car, it was my moms)

just curious.. u said stated that u had a hole in your piston. 1)did you have oil? 2) was it the #1 piston or #4 piston? i had the same problem before but i had a lot of smoke coming from the rear....

35

What happened is apparently my car was runing lean and caused the faliure, although im not sure why but there was no smoke and just ticking with absolutly NO POWER!