more info 86 with blown head gasket

Asked by Nov 05, 2010 at 05:26 PM about the 1986 Toyota MR2

It only has 116,000 miles, all put on by me.  I am the only owner - drove it off the showroom floor in 1986.  Keep it or sell it?

Keep it and fix it, or sell it to me :D

I know this is a really old post but I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if you still own this car and if so would you still be willing to sell it? Long story short I wrecked my father's pride and joy 17 years ago and this is the exact model down to the trim. He's not getting any younger and I want to do something nice for father's day this year and replace what I destroyed so long ago. He still brings it up after all these years. Anyway I'm a motivated cash buyer and I'm willing to have it shipped regardless of where you are located. Thanks for looking. Hope you still have it.

To snuffy 6984. Yes, I still have the car. Drive it about every day. Obviously replaced the head gasket, also new exhaust and front brakes. Just got all the dark parts repainted, looks good. The silver parts, not so much. Serious rust around the rear wheel wells. Of course, parts difficult to find. Will be 29 years in February since I drove it off the showroom floor. Car is in Virginia. joeybird