where is the tranny fluid dipstick located in an 85??

175

Asked by Nov 06, 2011 at 03:43 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette

silly question I know but I simple cannot remember where the silly thing is.

Car runs great til today- she feels like she is driving in neutral!! want to check the tranny fluid but the dipstivk is hiding!!!

85

not all cars have a dipstick, if it feels like it is in neutral your tranny is slipping, if the oil is the least amount dark, you have metal in the fluid, it should be RED!

175

thanks Chris I know the colour as I checked it in the spring when I added more. But funny thing is- I was out in her and she was great but on Sunday she felt all weord and when I went to check the tranny fkuid- the dipstick was gone!! I know where it was SUPPOSED to be but no where in sight---weird---and my oil cap was gone. Last time I had her out it was at a show 5 minutes from my place and her hood was up. I did not check to see if all OK when I took her home--and now this---arghh- yu think someone took my parts?? they were customized to my baby so maybe?? now I have to replace both!! arghhhh

85

That really sucks man. Never leave your car unattended, leason learned, lol. Did they take the dip stick tube aswell? Becareful because if they took your dipstick tube you are probably leaking fluid.