Having one hell of a time upgrading the stock radio in my '84 cressida wagon to a Kenwood cd player. None of the wire colors match what other websites say there suppose to be. Can anyone help?? Been at this for almost 3 months now, and refuse to spend $70-$120 to let some "expert" do it for me.

Asked by Aug 29, 2012 at 01:03 AM about the 1984 Toyota Cressida

I have a shop manual that has the wiring diagram for the radio, as long as you have the wiring diagram for the radio also you will be set. I just looked on ebay there is a service shop manual for $21 bucks (includes shipping). I just purchased a radio for my cressida from crutchfield and had the wiring harness for my cressida included, very glad I did the connectors matched and the wires were colored the same as the radio, very easy install, cost me $15 over cost of radio, not bad, the whole install cost me $84 bucks and 30 minutes.