Why does my fuel pump relay make a buzzing sound when i hook up the battery on my 89 cressida?

Asked by Mar 06, 2007 at 10:34 AM about the 1989 Toyota Cressida

i replaced the head gasket, but now it wont start. when i hook up the battery cables, the fuel pump relay makes a buzzing sound. Also there's no spark when i took one of the spark plugs out, grounded it, and cranked the engine.  i tried the make the Diagnostic code happen, but it didn't work.

23,750

Hi sandwich man! You have a number of issues going on here. You need to get someone to come over and check your work and make sure the basics are in order. Then you can start looking to see if anything failed in the meantime. Seek professional help. Good luck!

Did you ever find the problem? If so, how did you fix it? Did it have to do with the security system?

I'm having the same problem with my '89 Supra so please let me know if you found the problem.