I have a panel light on that says "ect-s PWR" and I don't know what it means. Can someone tell me?

35

Asked by Apr 08, 2008 at 11:25 PM about the 1989 Toyota Cressida

I just noticed the light on...I don't know what it means.  I have read the owner's manual and I can't find it in that, either.  I need to know what it means if something needs to be serviced or if something is wrong with the vehicle.  

6,655

it is a traction control, Look it up in the owners manual, it will tell you how to turn it off/on

41,475

In the '89-'91 Toyotas they had an electronically controlled transmission as an option. The ECT Power was a button you could press that would basically act like an overdrive off button to make the vehicle shift differently. The button was usually near the shifter on the center console. It doesn't sound like a problem, just sounds like your button is on. The button was not marked but in my wife's 1990 Camry it had a green light in the middle of it that came on when you pressed it.

205

Means the Electronically Controlled Transaxle (ECT) is in Power mode, there should be a button (usually on the center console near the gear selector) that says "NORM/PWR", power mode changes the shift points and boosts the transmission fluid pressure for faster, firmer shifts.

235

This option is in ALL automatic Cressidass. before 83 or 84 there was an additional option for economy mode.