WHY DOSE MY GAGES FUSE KEEPS BLOWING

20

Asked by Oct 21, 2015 at 03:09 PM about the 1983 Toyota Camry

WHEN I REPLACE MY GAGES FUSE AFTER BLOWING START THE CAR
PLACE IN DRIVE THE FUSE BLOWS TEMP GAGE DEAD SPEED DEAD TAC
DEAD POWER WINDOWS DEAD NO LONGER RUNS OFF ALT AND BAT
DRAINS CAR DEAD

20

I located the problem to those that this can help on my question regarding gages dead windows dead an so on answer: the neutral safety switch on trans shorted due to (follow wiring from switch to fire wall i found the wiring harness came in contact with a hot (heat) line cause to melt wire causing short repaired wire w/solder and srink tube on the road again(if there is a short in the switch (neutral and no wire damage check your local salvage you don't want to bye new (or no going out this week)

Sooo.....is this vehicle fixed? or.....do you continue to experience issues?

Gday I had the same problem my 2000 avalon my 7.5 fuse for speedo gas temp revs windows everything kept blowing I checked from the back first because it would do it as soon as I put it in reverse and noticed that it wouldn't do it when the boot was open so I found the wiring harness and found out that by sight and feel that the wiring harness was getting crushed when shut with the boot hinge and had caused my wires to be crushed and flatten which was shorting out the fuse when I would put it in reverse so I cut the wires one by one where they had been damaged and joined them back up then moved the way the wiring harness was set up so I can close my boot without the harness getting caught in between the boot hinge again and this has fixed the problem. I hope this works for youse all. This did work no more fuse changes any more