Check battery and bake lights are on

Asked by Dec 03, 2006 at 06:07 PM about the 1986 Toyota Camry

The check battery and brake lights on the dashboard come on while driving, when I slow down.  The both flicker off and on together.

16,945

I would recommend taking the car to a mechanic for this. It could be a problem with brake wear. Since the problem seems to be with the battery lights as well, you could be having trouble with your alternator, also good to take to the mechanic.

1,105

you have a wire short some place in the systome. if your good with wiring chase down yourself if not take it to the shop

4,865

If the check battery light is on while driving, your charging system may be faulty. Have you had any trouble getting it to start ever? The electrical system on cars is very complicated, and it sounds like you may have multiple issues. Taking it to a mechanic to have it diagnosed might cost a little bit, but you could be tracing the problem forever otherwise.