Engine rotation. are they all the same? Is there a specific reason?

Asked by Feb 08, 2013 at 08:43 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Bel Air

the Chevy 350, workhorse of American Pride, spins in a counter-clockwise direction. I wonder how many other engines turn counter-clockwise (looking from the front.  Is this reason the same as the left-hand lugnut reason, and really no reason at all?

21,835

spinning should mean nothing,though it may as a whirlpool always gos CC so id go with the flow its from their it gets tricky,find the optimum firing order for .a specific engine related to bore,stroke, degree of v or inline,ect, kinda like the lugnut thing, didnt really matter,chrysler just wouldent admit for years,causing busted nuts,knuckels and swearing,guess one of the jugheads related it to the old knockoff wheels,silly goose rest their seoul

Best Answer Mark helpful

I think the Mazda rotary did, the one that went hum...... and the left handed lug nuts were to just a thought that this would keep the lugs from UN-tightening then they came up with the conical shaped lug that solved the issue. Nothing to do with the way an engine might turn...LOL You are quit funny, I have broke off left threaded lug nuts with a cheater bar, then an old timer came and saved me from breaking the rest of them off by showing me that there was a L and R on the lug. Now I am the old timer....LOL...... really brought back some funny memories, thanks