What is causing the noise when I hit a bump?

5

Asked by Jun 05, 2012 at 01:04 AM about the 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air

I hear a terrible noise when going over bumps. My 62 bel air sounds like the undercarriage is falling off when I go
over a bump. Nothing under the car is loose. Engine and tranny overhauled. What is making this noise? Could it
have to do with the suspension? That is the only thing i havent restored on the car  Any help is welcome.

261,965

Since you haven't done work on the suspension, I'll say the rubber bushings are probably dry and rotted contributing to the noise. Your shocks are probably shot as well.

check upper & lower control arm bushings. also check the exhaust for clearence & rattles .