will 1981 305 sbc mate to 56 chevy 3 speed manual?

Asked by Jul 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM about the 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air

I have a 305 sbc with 28000 miles on it and would like to swap out the 1956 six for it. will
it mate up with the 3 speed manual trans? I bet I will have to upgrade the radiator going to
a v8. Thanks, ernie

Wait, you have '56 Bel Air, and it runs at all? Oh please don't do that, your '56 BelAir is worth a fortune if it runs at all and is in decent shape with original drive train? I don't know if the 305 will drop in or not, but why do you want to swap? Is the original engine shot?

Ok yep it will drop in, they had either the 2 speed what GM called a 'Powerglide' automatic or the 3 speed manual, with the same bellhousing bolt pattern