where on the engine block is the vin number (1956 chevy belair 2 door hardtop)

Asked by Apr 07, 2012 at 10:10 AM about the 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air

we have the title with the with the vin, but the plate on the dash is missing. I understand that i can find the vin number on the chassy, but where? Can it be done without taking the body off of the frame?

105

Check for the small steel plate on the firewall under the hood above where the steering shaft comes through the firewall. Or located on inner fenders above the wheel. The VIN number is not on the engine block, only engine serial number is on the engine block.

85

The vin plate on my 56 is on the winshield pillar when you open the driver door. Also there is a tag on the passenger side of the firewall above the battery with some information