Where can I get history report on 1967 vet?

Asked by Jun 04, 2012 at 03:03 PM about the 1967 Chevrolet Corvette

Car fax does not have reports prior 1981.

what kind of history reports are you looking for , maintianance ? accidents? forget it , the only history would be on paper . the most you can do is check numbers on the VIN & drive train for originality. are you looking to buy this car ?

Best Answer
455

Try carfax.com

45

Forget it....There are no records for any Corvette built in St. Louis. Records started when Corvette moved to Bowling Green.

Where do you find the vin # on the frame, motor and body, inside and out. This is for a car I'd like to buy. I wanted to the history for a title search.

to find the numbers on the frame you'd have to take the body off. the numbers on the engine are on the front passenger side just below the head . you'll see 6 digits & a 3 letter code( if it's correct) the code will also tell you what tranny should be connected to that engine.the 6 digits shold match the last 6 in the VIN. on the body it should be stamped on the fire wall on the drivers side. if this car is original the current owner should have some kind of documentation. if not your best bet is take it to an appraiser.

465

I DIDN'T READ THESE ANSWERS. IF YOU WANT HISTORY PUT THE VETTE ON A LIFT AND CHECK THE FRAME/CHASIS TO SEE IF THEY ARE STRAIGHT. AND TO CHECK FOR ANY KIND OF WORK DONE TO THEM. BURN MARKS FROM A TORCH. DINGS FROM A HAMMER.