Parts for 55 bel air?

Asked by Aug 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM about the 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air

Hi guys:  I'm helping my dad restore his 55 bel air that he's had since he was a teenager.   
Where can good parts at reasonable price be found?   Currently needs work on steering but
will get into chrome work.  This is a 2 door hardtop in pretty good condition.  Orig a 260
straight but now a 350 small block (hope I'm saying that correctly).  My dad's not internet
savvy and I thought I might be able to help him. The car is in GA.  Thanks for any advice.  

115

classic chevy at 1800-456-1957 and no I do not work for them. There should be plenty of places because you can get any part for these cars. I mean just about anything!

Thanks for the info and glad to hear parts are easy to locate.

i have the original 265 if your planing to go all original

35

Ecklers Classic Chevy, Danchuck, mutton hollow...

15

Danchuck in Los Angeles was always my place to go. They have been around ofr a LONG time and their original focus was 55-57 Chevys. NOt cheap but the parts are really like the original ones. You can look for key parts there (aminly trim i would suggest)