Where can I find detailed instructions for removing the heater blower from my 1954 chevy bel air?

Asked by Jan 20, 2007 at 04:00 PM about the 1954 Chevrolet Bel Air

The blower motor in my heater is not working and I need to replace it.  I would like some detailed instructions on how to do this.

8,335

Here is a step by step with images to replacing your blower motor: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_auto_air_conditioning/article/0,2021,DIY_13674_2278230,00.html It is halfway down the page starting with Figure F.

14,750

Hello bdtreusch-- I have looked for days to find a diagram or something I could send you, to no avail. I am sure my father could explain how to do it. He was a mechanic, but he died a few years ago. What I can do, however, is send you to what I have found to be the most reliable font of knowledge for cars of any age- ask the man at the parts counter. Whoever sell you the replacement motor should be able to provide information as to how to get the job done. If they can't help you, buy your part somewhere else, at a place that can supply the information you need. Good luck from Bovan.