Questions about upgrading 53 Belair with a small block 350

10

Asked by Jan 02, 2016 at 07:54 PM about the 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air

I am putting a 350 chevy crate engine into a 53 Belair.  It has power steering now - hooked up to the BlueFlame 6 cylinder engine.  Any idea if I can upgrade to newer power steering pump?  Or mount the existing power steering to the V8?

24,045

either or...

10

Ahh. But how. I would do whatever is easier. The existing power steering set up works fine but I would have to find or make some sort of bracket system to attach the pump to the V8. A new power steering pump would be nice - could I just modify the power steering hoses that plug into the current power steering pump and attach them to the new power steering pump?