why does the motor stop when slowing down?

10

Asked by Aug 03, 2015 at 08:24 PM about the 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air

i just got this 53 chevy, it runs good but stops when slowing down, red light , stop sign etc... It starts right back but the starter motor sounds weird. Any advise out there will be appreciated.

28,095

ill bet your fuel level is off....ok whats powering the thing??? something like this?

10

In line 6 (235).. The car was not moved in about three years. I'm slowly trying to get it running again. I changed fuel pump, water pump, radiator thermostat wires and cap. I'm thinking it might be the starter or the distributor.

10

I'm thinking vacuum leak

72,525

Sounds like a carburetor problem. If you have an anti-stall dash pot for the throttle lever it may be compressed from sitting, out of adjustment, or worn out. This dash pot, if equipped, is designed to prevent the throttle from closing too quickly and causing the engine to stall. Hence the name. What's the idle speed set at in neutral (if manual) or drive (if automatic)? HTH. -Jim

28,095

is the FLOAT SET??????????????

28,095

IS THE CHOCK SET>>>

28,095

float.....