I have a Bad flexplate power glide automatic tranny on my 53 belair.

10

Asked by Apr 01, 2013 at 06:27 PM about the 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air

cant find a replacement,, what are my options? newer tranny or do I have to go newer motor and tranny?

89,945

I have to think that you can get a new flex plate to fit a power glide. What engine do you have?

Prior to 1954, the 235 and 216 cubic inch six cylinder

which one Laramont? snap to~

89,945

RockAuto shows a 217, 235 & 236ci

suppose they all use the same automatic, and thus, the same flexplate?

10

sorry 235 cpu went down.. I have searched the globe trying to find a new one.

7,895

Check a Hollander's and see what all years are interchangeable. I would think that with the number of Chev I-6 engines out there, you would have NO problem getting an flex plate for it. Check Whitney, too. For that matter, check with LMC. The Chevy pick up 6 should use the same one, and they may well have it!

165

Got a 235 in the garage all dolled up with 60k miles I think the flex plate still on it wish I never got rid of the old iron powerglide couldn't give them away 25 years ago same with the 235 now they want 1500 on e-bay get back with me if you still want to run it that way where you from there's all kinds of swap meets coming up rockets57@comcast.net