Headers

Asked by Jun 28, 2012 at 09:00 PM about the 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air

I have a 1953 Chevy, with a 350 and need headers that fit. can you tell me what year headers fit my 53.

475

This is what you need: http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-CC50-Small-Block- Chevy-Header-Set.html

15,335

Since the 53 Chevy only came with a straight 6 cylinder motor, the Chevy 350 is an aftermarket drop in with a lot of custom work to make it fit. It may accommodate an after market set of headers, but a custom made set will assure a better fit and keep it away from the starter so you don't fry it. I'm sure if you look, you will find a good muffler shop that offers that service or can direct you to someone that does that kind of service. Most aftermarket headers are made to fit motors that are manufactured for the vehicle you buy for them. This is a custom job and has too many variables to mass market custom headers.