did they come out factory with a turbo

5

Asked by Dec 08, 2007 at 01:52 AM about the 1990 Toyota Cressida

i seen a couple of turboed cressidas but i seen one that looked totally standard and i just wanted to know did they come out with a turboed motor from toyota

44,955

I haven't seen a factory turbo cressida, most likely someone did a nice job of dropping in a turbo motor from another Toyota.

agreed they did not come with it

105

they came out with a turbo version to the 7mge that you see in the cressida, the 7mgte, but they put those in the supra in north america...you probably saw a factory 7mgte in that cressida, which is literally the same engine that you find in that car, but with a turbo

15

From what I know, North American Cressida (at least 89 like mine) came with same engine as Supra, but not turbo. I think you have to add turbo, plus from what I hear, you can blow head-gaskets easier putting in turbo...

45

only non us cressidas got turbos

45

im puting a turb motor from japan in my cress now. motor came out of a cresta or chaser