how do take out the stereo, dismantle the dashboard?

5

Asked by Nov 24, 2007 at 08:52 PM about the 1990 Toyota Cressida

no,just study it a minute you will see how plastic around it comes off not a hard job.good luck.

40,285

This is a fairly easy job. Usually 2-3 screws to remove the front piece of plastic trim that covers everything, and then the radio is usually held in place by 2 screws, one on either side, which go into "ears" on the radio casing.

225

.5. close the climate control movable door. 1. pry up the black tray between the gearshift and radio console. flathead screwdriver to the part that wraps behind the shifter. 2. 2 phillips or 8mm (I forget) bolts below and to either side of the cup holders. 2. 2 phillips screws under the remote stereo piece just below the vents. 3. pull off trim above steering wheel. lower the steering wheel and pull it back toward you (if you have telescope column) then just pull on the top of the trim piece. 4. 4 8-10mm bolts at the 4 corners of the console. pull toward you while wiggling. you'll have to unplug things as you go. they only fit in 1 place so you can't mix them up. 5. HU bolts are from the sides, you'll probably have to unbolt the tray and storage stuff beneath the HU to get it out